2 small boxes of Crispix Cereal (or chex cereal, I use Aldi’s brand 1-corn and 1-rice)
• 2 cups of butter – or 4 sticks (has to be real butter)
• 2 cups of brown sugar packed
• ½ cup Light Karo syrup
• ½ tsp Vanilla (optional – I don’t add this)
• ½ tsp Baking Soda
• Brown Grocery Bag
1. Pour cereal into the brown bag and set aside.
2. Layout wax paper on the table or counter.
3. Melt butter in a sauce pan.
4. Add brown sugar, stirring continuously, and bring to a boil.
5. Add Karo syrup, vanilla and baking soda.
6. Pour mixture over the top of the cereal in the bag and shake.
7. Microwave for 5 minutes and shake after each minute.
8. Spread the Crispix onto wax paper and let cool.
Not sure if this recipe was created by Kellog/Crispix… or they started posting it after people started making it. Either way, it’s amazing!