Skip to content
Jeffersonville Aquatic Center Covid-19 Protocol
1. Facility Preventative Measures
- Use of floor markings will be placed outside of admissions to abide by social distancing guidelines
- Every other sink will be blocked off for social distancing
- Concession stand will have floor markings to allow compliance with physical distancing
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the facility.
- Pool Deck seating will be limited and spaced out to prevent congregating
- Lost and found items will be discarded at closing. Items of value will be held in a secure space until redeemed.
- Limited showers will be available and will be cleaned routinely sanitized during the day and overnight.
- Patrons will be encouraged to come dressed in swim attire.
- Patrons will sign up on SignUp Genius. Saturday-Thursday time slots will be 11-2 and 3-6, there will be 450 slots available per time slot. On Friday time slots will be 11-1:30, 2-4:30, and 5-8. Each time slot will have 450 slots per time.
- Admission workers will print out the SignUp Genius for each time slot and check in patrons as they arrive, take their temperature, and payment if not a member
- Pool will be closed between reservation times to be sanitized – all patrons will be cleared out between reservation times.
- Individual/family social distancing is encouraged
- Assistant Managers will close/lock up pool when no swimmers to clean high touch points and to perform other assigned duties.
- Slide Guidelines: social distancing markers will be placed 6 feet apart. Slide Tower guard will wipe down bar above slide after each person
- Patrons are required to wear a mask from entry of facility to their lounge chair and if they decide to go to the concession stand. Staff has the right to tell patrons to wear masks.
- We will allow one daycare Monday- Thursday and two daycares on Friday
2. Patron Preventative Measures
- Patrons will have their temperature checked when entering the facility
- Temperature 100.4 or higher, patron is sent home
- Patrons ages 13 and up are required to wear face mask while at the facility. Especially while entering and exiting and in common areas like admissions area, bathrooms, and pool deck. Masks may be removed while at your chair or in the pool
- Lost and found items will be discarded at closing. Items of value will be held in a secure space until removed
3. Cleaning Preventive Measures
- Staff will be required to disinfect ALL areas of the facility. Concession stand workers will be required to wipe down the counters, door handles, light switches tables, and trash cans in their area. Admission workers will be required to wipe down counters, windows, door handles, and trash cans in assigned areas. Lifeguards (11) staff a day will be required to wipe down all metal on the ladders, the slide tower hand rails, diving board hand rails, trash can lids, kiddie feature, light switches, and the bathrooms. Assistant Pool Managers will use the disinfectant gun for all the chairs in the facility and assist in other cleaning.
- Cleaning stations for lounge chairs will be placed throughout facility for patrons to use if needed.
- Assistant Pool Managers will be required to clean metal ladders, diving board ladders, and slide tower hourly.
- Closing duties will remain the same, which is a deep cleaning of the inside of the facility daily.
4. Staff Preventive Measures
- Wash hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds, use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Implement wellness temperature checks for all work shifts. If temperature is 100.4 or higher staff will be asked to leave.
- Staff who show any symptoms of Covid-19 will be sent home and cannot return to work unless there is a negative Covid-19 test and follow the CDC and City of Jeffersonville Quarantine Protocol.
- Staff who test positive for Covid-19 will not be granted access to the facility for the next 14 days following the date of their diagnosis.
- Positive Covid-19 report will need to be sent to Aquatic Center Manager who will then forward the information to the designated City of Jeffersonville Manager and Directors.
- Lifeguards shall not wear masks while in the guard chair and rotating chair to chair. Facility and Event workers will be required to wear a mask and gloves at all times unless drinking or eating. Wearing masks will also be in effect for the Aquatic Center Manager and Assistant Pool Managers.
- All staff will enter through the main doors, and come straight through the hall doors. Once everyone has arrived the hallway door will remained locked so patrons must use bathroom doors for entry.
- Lifeguards will be assigned guard tubes for their shift. At the end of the shift, lifeguards must sanitize guard tubes and strap.
- Guard Break Room will need to be socially distanced. Two people will need to be six feet apart and disinfect their space before returning to their shift.
- All staff will need to stand six feet apart outside and one in one out of the guard break room to clock in and clock out. Once they clock in/out staff will be required to wipe down machine and exit the room before the next staff member may enter. This will be the same procedure for lifeguards as they put their personal belongings in their lockers for the day and take them out for the end of the day.