What you’ll need:
• Small vessel with lid (to store seasoning blend in)
• Measuring spoons
• Small pot / tea kettle / coffee or tea mug
2 ½ teaspoons ginger, ground
2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
¾ teaspoon cloves, ground
1 teaspoon allspice, ground
1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
½ Cup sugar, granulated
¾ teaspoon cardamom, ground
1 Cup milk powder, dried or a French vanilla creamer powder
Method of preparation:
– Measure out all ingredients and place into small bowl or the dish that you will be storing the seasoning blend in.
– Whisk together all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
– To enjoy your chai seasoning, whisk into warm milk (or milk substitute) or blend into your favorite cup of hot black tea
Lindsey Cook is chef and co-owner of The Jaded Fork, a Cincinnati-based catering company that has recently relocated to Jeffersonville.