Richard H. Colston Park

Colston Park is located on Mulberry Street in the historic Rose Hill Neighborhood. It is the former home of the Jeffersonville Parks Adult Softball League.

301 Mulberry Street
Jeffersonville, IN 47130

  • Shelter (100 Capacity) currently not available
  • Playground
  • 4 Acres
  • Basketball court
  • Open green space
  • Picnic tables
  • Park benches
  • Flag pole

Richard H. Colston park was re-named and dedicated to honor the memory of Richard H. Colston, Jeffersonville’s first superintendent of Parks and Recreation, in recognition of his many years of service to the community. Formerly called Playsquare park, this site served as the Parks Department’s first home. Under Mr. Colston’s leadership, Jeffersonville’s park system grew to national prominence.

CIVIL WAR CEMETERY

On this site 1861-1865, are buried several hundred union and confederate soldiers, killed in the western campaign. Lack of interest from distant families allowed deterioration of the wood grave markers and heavy overgrowth. In 1927 the Jeffersonville Council determined “better the sound of children footsteps at play than the silent stride of the nearly forgotten great spirit army here at rest”. The only intact stone marker was moved to Walnut Ridge Cemetery. No bodies were exhumed.

  • Dawn to Dusk
Jeffersonville Parks Department

500 Quartermaster Court
Jeffersonville, IN 47130
812.285.6440
Parkslnfo@CityofJeff.net

City Council Person
  • Dustin White – District 1